Monday, March 9, 2015

Weight Loss and The Law of Attraction

Can you really lose weight using the Law Of Attraction? If you understand the principle of the law, then you know that you can accomplish anything -or nothing- by setting your mind to it. But it is more than that. Your wording, intentions, feelings and actions also need to be in proper form. Having set the goal of dressing as Marvel's Black Widow for Halloween, of course I want to use the Law of Attraction to my advantage. 
1. Intention: I will be in the healthiest, fittest shape I have ever been in by October 31, 2015.
2. Wording: This is SO important! If I say, "I need to lose weight" then I will continually attract needing to lose weight.  Instead, I should focus on being my "perfect" weight and being my "perfect" size. 
3. Feelings: This is a tough one. If I have negative feelings about myself, I will attract more reasons to feel discouraged.  We have been socialized to very particular standards of beauty. We have been socialized to feel "less than" if we do not meet those impossible standards. I need to start feeling good about me, about my body. I also need to feel proud of myself for honoring my body with healthy choices. 
4. Actions: What actions should I take? First, I need to take inventory of everything I love about myself and the many reasons this new project is good for my family and me. Second, I need to be grateful that I can do this. Third, I need to get a clear picture in my head of my "perfect" body. Lastly, I need to use "I AM" statements. For example, "I am healthy and physically fit."
My next blog on LoA weight loss will focus on visualization as an integral part of the process. 

Be Well, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment